Sweet Style Spaghetti with Squash Puree

9:11 AM

My kids' all time favorite, Spaghetti! Who wouldn't anyway? :)


Anyhow, I am always on the lookout for something healthy for my kids and when I found this recipe in yummy.ph, (there are only a slight changes that I make in the ingredients) I think it's a must try. It's very easy to make and it's very healthy spaghetti. I'm sure it will be a big hit with your kiddos as well.

Sharing this recipe for Mommies / Daddies will be a great pleasure. 

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup cubed squash
  • 1 tbsp. olive oil
  • 1/2 cup of onions, minced
  • 1/4 cup finely minced carrots (or grated)
  • 2 tbsp. finely minced celery stalks (optional)
  • 200 grams Ground Beef
  • 750 grams Pasta of your Choice (I choose Sweet Styles Clara Ole and Three Cheese)
  • 2 tbsp. dried Basil
  • 1/4 cup of water
  • salt & pepper to taste
  • Spaghetti Noodles
  • Cheese







Procedure:
  1. Boil Squash until very soft. Remove from pot & drain. Transfer to a bowl then mash with fork. Set aside.
  2. Heat Olive oil in a frying pan & saute onions. Do not let it brown. Add carrots & celery.
  3. Add ground beef & cook until brown. Using a spoon, remove excess oil from the pan.
  4. Add pasta sauce of your choice, basil, and water. Season with salt & pepper. Simmer for about 15 minutes.
  5. Add Squash Puree & Simmer for another 5 minutes.
  6. Serve sauce over spaghetti. Sprinkle Cheese on top & garnish with parsley before serving.
It's very easy, right? :)

Look how my kids love Spaghetti.



Enjoy!
P.S. Have you tried this recipe? Let me know what you think about this. Have a great day ahead!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Instagram

Like my Momprenuer

Subscribe